Between making copies in the copy room and taking questions in the board room, Jacqui Tom (a.k.a The Office Newb) offers you the latest tips, insight and stories about being the new kid at the office.
A compilation of resources, advice and inspiration, this blog is a one-stop shop for young professionals just learning the ropes in the big world of business, as well as a forum for workers of all ages to share their stories and discuss issues surrounding work.
Each week I will offer up the latest research, news, stories and personal anecdotes related to corporate life. Hopefully it will make you laugh, cry and give a little extra thought to who you are and what you do.
A brief history of The Office Newb:
- Introduced the “Listen to Mom” series featuring guest posts from HR Mom.
- Published in the 3rd edition of The Printed Blog, a daily printed newspaper using blog content from around the globe.
- Selected to become a Featured Writer for HR Guru, a community for HR professionals and those aspiring to break into the industry.
- Nominated for “Top-10 Gen-Y Blog” award on Ryan Stephens Marketing blog.
- Named as one of “Nine Gen-Y Blogs to Watch in 2009” on Bizzy Women.
- Selected to become a member of the BlogCatalog and Alltop blogging communities.
- Asked to guest post on Business Pundit during guest blogathon.
- Syndicated on C-SPAN.com for coverage of the Presidential election.
- Selected to become one of the first 50 members of Brazen Careerist, a community of generation-y bloggers.
- Received the “Dig Your Job Blogger Award” from JobDig founder/blogger, GL Hoffman.
- The Office Newb launches. A star is born.