Brandon H. over at Newly Corporate tagged me to share 8 things about myself in 2008 so that you all can get a better idea of the person behind this blog.
Fun facts about me include:
1. I was born and raised in the great state of Hawaii. Honolulu to be exact. A lot of people ask me why I gave up warm weather and pristine beaches for 9 months of gray skies and constant rain. I say, you don’t really appreciate something until it’s gone.
2. I come from a multi-ethnic family, the product of a Chinese mother and Irish-Italian father. From my father I got my name, from my mother I got my type-A, Asian ambition. Both have caused me a lot of grief over the years.
3. I am currently the front-runner to win the Project Runway pool at my office. (Go Christian!) This is the second year we’ve done it and this year we got one of the guys who’s really into football to create an elaborate fantasy scoring sheet for us. The competition is pretty intense.
4. I once did a season of track (and I hate running!) just to get out of a mandatory PE credit in high school.
5. At the risk of sounding like a crazy cat lady, I will share that I have two cats. I’ve had them since they were kittens and they are always good for a little love, a little humor and a lot of debauchery.
6. I am allergic to wheat which means I haven’t eaten a donut in almost 5 years. Unfortunately I can still eat chocolate, so even though I’m on a permanent version of The Zone diet, I never seem to lose weight.
7. I spent a semester studying abroad in Paris during my senior year in college. Basically, I bummed around Europe for 3 months for credit and learned a little French while I was at it.
8. I’m jumping back into academics by taking a Women’s Studies course at the local community college. I never had the chance to take a women’s studies class when I was earning my undergraduate degree and after a few years of being in the “real world” I realized that I missed learning. Not to mention it’s nice to take a break from “project management, spreadsheets and maximizing performance” once and a while.
So now you know more than you’d ever want to about The Office Newb.